Lead a team of support employees with responsibility to deliver sales and marketing operational excellence across the company. Create strategic sales and marketing direction and drive long-term development for the company. Support the company Region Teams in their effort to achieve financial targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Achieve sales and marketing operational excellence by leveraging company resources and external business partners.
• Support and optimize sales and marketing operations across the company.
• Demonstrate leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain a high performing work group.
• Travel and make regular visits to branch locations and customers.
• Lead company sales training and development efforts for the Machine business.
• Lead company sales and marketing strategic direction.
• Identify opportunities for company performance improvements and lead effort to improve.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Company sales operational excellence metrics.
• Company machine inventory turnover.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Directly supervises employees in the Sales Marketing Development department as assigned. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Business Administration or related field; five years of hands-on experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.