Improve financial and operational controls in the Quinn Company organization through business-focused risk assessments and data testing to evaluate control effectiveness and potential gaps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Report directly to the CFO with a dotted line to the President in order to maintain independence.
• Prepare a formal annual risk assessment identifying key areas of financial and operational risk in the organization and determine mitigation levels.
• Based on the annual risk assessment, perform internal control reviews of financial and operational areas through data-driven analysis.
• Implement monitoring controls in areas such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Warehouses, etc. to identify potential fraud and control gaps.
• Following a risk-based approach, perform control testing through data reviews to identify potential fraud and control gaps.
• Provide quarterly updates on control assessments, monitoring controls and control testing to the CFO for use in control discussions with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a business or related major is preferred. Ten to 15 years relevant experience required with at least three years of Internal Audit or Control related experience included. Strong Excel required. Cognos, SQL, MA Analytical Services, MS Reporting Services and Sharepointe experience is helpful.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV