ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares monthly financial statements.
• Prepares actual-to-budget/forecast/prior year comparative analysis of branch operating statements to ensure proper accounting and identification of possible expense reductions
• Performs account reconciliations of applicable Balance Sheet accounts
• Prepares monthly reconciliation of intercompany account for trade payables, which may include working directly with QRS management and/or branch personnel to resolve issues
• Oversee proper accounting of transportation department operations
• Oversee timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices
• Performs vendor statement reconciliation and review for past due invoices
• Oversee timely and accurate application of customer remittances on account
• Oversee daily cash reconciliations
• Prepare IRS Heavy Vehicle tax form
• Oversee timely renewal of city business licenses
• Plans and supervises month-end closing, including all necessary journal entries
• Ensures accounting data categorized in accordance with CAT/MCFA reporting requirements.
• Assigns and monitors work of staff accountants, A/P clerks and A/R clerks.
• Develops methods and/or procedures to enhance efficiency of work performed.
• Oversees development of department staff.
• In charge of training branch staff on understanding statements and impacts of operations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and six to eight years related experience (Masters Degree and 1-3 years of related experience) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV