Are you a winner? Then join a winning team! Johnstone Supply of Bakersfield seeks a Management Trainee to join our team. At Johnstone Supply it is our vision to be the partner of choice for the premiere HVAC professionals in Central California. We are a 30 year old family business with a proven track record of growth and innovation. We are looking for dynamic professionals who are focused on helping our customers succeed.
We are rapidly expanding and we need your help! We seek high caliber individuals who want to grow with us.
Management Trainees work alongside management in all areas of the business with the goal of becoming a Branch Manager, Territory Manager, or Specialist.
Job Results and Responsibilities:
- Work in different departments to gain a thorough operational understanding, including warehouse, customer service, sales, marketing, purchasing, and accounting.
- Work with management to plan and direct the work of the organization.
- Help set policies.
- Suggest process improvements.
- Handle established accounts to gain familiarity.
- Use company reports to analyze sales, gross profit, and inventory activity.
- Identify trends and recommend proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
- Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelors degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to follow written instructions and documented procedures.
- Skill in the use of PC-based spreadsheets and word processing programs (MS Word/Excel).
- General knowledge of inventory management principles and procedures, including procurement, storage, forecasting and handling dead inventory.
- General knowledge of sales and marketing processes and techniques to drive sales.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create and manage a high-functioning team.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of subordinates.
- Ability to listen to others to identify concerns and needs.
- Ability to communicate with others in order to influence attitudes and actions.
- Skill in facilitating open lines of communication.
- Ability to clarify company objectives and translate them to daily employee activities.
- Ability to develop efficient work procedures.
- Knowledge of financial operations (i.e., profit and loss, costs of operations, return on investment, budgets). Ability to read and interpret financial reports.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles, including recruiting and hiring, training and development, delegating, coaching, and evaluating employees.
- Ability to provide consistent, professional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain focus while prioritizing the needs of several customers at once.
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
- Skill in building long term customer relationships.
- Math skills, including ability to: add, subtract, multiply, divide; and calculate margins, discounts and percentages.
- Skill in using point-of-sale computer systems to locate information and process transactions.
- Skill in using web-based tools to research product and information.
- Ability to work productively in teams with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
Expected Work Behaviors:
- Keeps the company’s best interest in mind at all times.
- Consistently works to promote company growth while maintaining ethical standards.
- Maintains a professional personal appearance
Thank you for taking time to review our opportunity, for immediate consideration to join our team click the Apply button above.