The Maintenance Technician performs a variety of maintenance and repair functions individually and collaboratively with others at our 60,000 sq ft facility in the SF Mission with retail, manufacturing, administrative, and studio space.
The Maintenance Technician assembles, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance for ceramics manufacturing equipment, performs maintenance and repairs on our building, maintains and improves worker environments, and conducts general cleanup and organization. The position requires proficiency in the maintenance of mechanical systems, electrical controls systems, pneumatic and gas fired equipment systems. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
on a frequent basis.
- Maintain building and grounds to meet high standards of safety, appearance and function
- Projects related to improving environments for production workers, retail staff and tenants
- Organize and maintain common areas
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance
- Maintains production equipment and ensures highest possible uptime and lowest cost of operation achieved from
all facility equipment in support of production lines
- Work with Retail and Design staff on event setup, which may include working at heights, moving heavy objects
and fabrication of support materials
- Monitor and assist staff during events
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Proficiency in machine mechanics, electrical motor controls, pneumatic controls, hydraulic controls, basic
plumbing and various fabrication techniques
- Excellent understanding of safely principles and strong safety track record
- Able to work independently and proactively identify maintenance needs and execute repairs
- Pursue quality, improvement and pride in craftsmanship
- Follow instructions consistently and accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team and Customer oriented
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs severals times per day
- We are nice people who are nice and respectful toward each other
Heath offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and life. Heath pays 100% for the employee and 50% for dependents. A generous 401k match starts after 6 months on staff. Heath has also introduced an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to give its employees an ownership stake in the company.
Monday – Friday 6:30am -3:30PM, Overtime may be required for certain projects, events or seasons.