Installs, maintains, and repairs Injection Molding equipment, auxiliary equipment, plumbing, diagnose, adjust, and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Visually inspects and test machinery and equipment for optimum performance.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, electrical prints, hydraulic prints and other reference material to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and are ready for operation.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
- Install and align repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Locate and mark dimensions and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compasses, and steel rules.
- Inventory and requisition or order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment, as needed.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damage, using drills and punches.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Communication- Oral/Written- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken word and/or in writing clearly and concisely
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Safety Awareness- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Working under Pressure- Ability to complete assigned tasks under high intensity situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Five to seven years related experience
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
Certificates & Licenses: Industrial Maintenance Certification Preferred, Forklift/Boom/Scissor License