Job Title: Maintenance Machinist
Requisition Number: 1600119
Location: 442 Bldg - Maintenance Shop
The purpose of this job is primarily to provide machinist support for the Maintenance department. This is done through closely working with millwrights, maintenance technicians, maintenance engineers, maintenance planners and work coordinators.
Additional duties include being a key focal point for the maintenance shop housekeeping, and overseeing Tool Room activities for purchasing, maintaining and repairing shop tooling
Must have a journeyman machinist certificate and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in machining, milling and fabrication.
Qualifications include a working knowledge of the following:
- Material Identification; color codes, proper labeling practices, proper storage, operation of the materials analyzer, materials tracking (mill test reports).
- Machine Tools, including the proper Operation of; Lathes, Drill Press, Milling Machines, Horizontal Boring Mill, Surface Grinder, Valve Tester, Honing Devices, Arbor Press, Saws, (cutoff, hand, abrasive, hack, band, reciprocating), Lapping Machines, Keyseat Cutter, Shear and Press Brake, Grinders (pedestal, drill and hand)
- Mechanical drawings; must have the ability to read and understand plan and elevation views, as well as the ability to make basic sketches.
- Basic layout using layout tools such as dividers, scribes and squares.
- Balancing, including the operation of balancing machines; static, two plane, single plane and static coupler balancing.
- The use of Machinist hand tools and precision measuring tools.
- Threading to include; thread design (metric and American), thread class of fits, use of a thread pitch gauge, Cutting single point threads external and internal, tapping, use of dies and pipe threading (straight and tapered).
- The use of basic hand rigging tools and equipment.
- Experience in machining non-ferrous alloys, various plastics and Teflon materials.