Performs diversified general maintenance activities at various levels of complexity referring to blueprints and drawings for the machinery and plan and perform the machining operations.Essential Functions and CompetenciesLevel I-II
- Sets up and operate lathes, millers, shapers, grinders, planers and power drills. Works from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Performs highly diversified machining operations such as boring, turning, facing, reaming, grinding, milling and tapering.
- Performs work on machined parts, forgings and casting which are of varying degrees of complexity in mature and critically dimensioned.
- Determines and maintains the proper operational sequences at all times, makes all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job.
- Determines the appropriate feeds and speeds for all operations.
- Performs simple welding, brazing, silver soldering and heat treating.
- Checks own work. Usually works to tolerance of +/-.00005.
- Reads and interprets complex blueprints and manufactures parts from a layout drawing without use of sketches or verbal instructions making all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job according to the drawing.
- Bench work includes any necessary operations such as filing, de-burring, grinding, lapping, indexing, scraping, and fitting in order to complete mechanical assemblies from crude sketches, verbal instructions, or work samples.
- Checks own work by making set-ups and interprets gauges, electro-limit gauges, and size blocks.
- Occasionally makes decisions as to fits and tolerances.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Understands manufacturing systems and tooling development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as, presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective multitask skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- Works with diverse groups.
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
- See job analysis forms for specific physical stressors of the job.
2 year technical degree (or apprenticeship certificate) preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management; 6+ years experience in complex machining operations. May include CNC programming.