- CA |
- Jobs |
- Machinist Apprentice - Job # 12859
Machinist Apprentice - Job # 12859
The Materials Engineering Division has multiple openings for Machinist Apprentices. The LLNL Machinist Apprenticeship program is indentured with the State of CA Department of Apprenticeship Standards and requires a steady progression through eight six-month step advancements. Under general supervision, the Apprentice will be required to master all competency-based training and education objectives for each training period before a Journeyman Certificate is issued.
- Complete all occupational related classroom and job-related
instruction during normal work hours and required classroom
instruction during off-hours.
- Fabricate/machine parts made from a variety of materials
including radioactive and toxic materials.
- Set up and operate basic conventional machine tools.
- Perform standard shop calculations to determine optimum
feeds, speeds, and dimensions.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED with completed courses in shop
math and mechanical drawing or blueprint reading.
- Must achieve a passing score on a written test covering
mechanical aptitude and math.
- Demonstrated math skills including geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to work in areas where a variety of solvents and
coolants are used.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Able to work scheduled and emergency overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in a shop environment, with moderate physical
labor, bending, working in close quarters, and standing for long
periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to become medically qualified to wear respiratory and
LLNL offers a challenging environment and a competitive salary/benefits package. To view and apply for this job, go to:
and search by job #.
LLNL is operated by the Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC, for the U.S. Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workforce diversity.