With very little or no supervision, will perform duties as assigned by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding of equipment in the service shop of field, in a safe, efficient and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary, and without re-do. This position requires work to be completed within 110% of any Flat Rate times that are established as targets by Hawthorne.
- Perform all requirements outlined in Grade Levels III and IV.
- Analyze all Caterpillar and allied product equipment systems and components for proper operation in arrangement application based on theory of design.
- Perform new and used equipment start-up for delivery to end-user.
- Conduct customer training in proper use of Caterpillar equipment.
- Perform Caterpillar updates as directed by Caterpillar, Inc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Six (6) years experience in the repair of Caterpillar products.
- Expert working knowledge of hydraulics and power trains.
- Proficient in the repairs of electrical and electronic systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent or can provide verification of all formal classroom study or hands on experience related to heavy equipment repairs.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with a good record
- Shop Requirements: Valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
- Field Requirements: Valid California Class “B” driver’s license, if assigned vehicle is required.
- Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on Caterpillar equipment.
- NOTE: Some high dollar value tooling is supplied by Hawthorne.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Handling: Seizes helps or works with hands.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
Physical Strength: Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.