Full-Time / Non- Exempt
Monday to Friday 7:00AM-4:00PM
Location: DMG MORI Manufacturing, Davis, CA
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The primary scope of this position is:
- Precisely assemble mechanical units or fabricated parts at floor stations or bench to make relatively large or heavy subassemblies or complete units using hand tools and light power tools and equipment
- Fits, aligns, calibrates and adjusts parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements
- Repairs units, structures and products that fail to meet requirements
- Works as a team member, reporting to a Leader on assembly status
- Works an 8 hour work schedule, with overtime as needed
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 51 pounds, frequently stand, with repetitive bending, stooping and walking
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with precision machining assembly
- Ability to assemble sheet metal covers, plumbing, motion components, cast structures.
- Responsible to check and adjust the accuracy including but not limited to using dial gages, test bars, grinding liners by horizontal grinding machines.
- Must be able to lift up to 51 pounds.
- Ability to safely operate an overhead crane
- Fundamental computer operation skills
- Preferred requirement – certified operate a forklift
Education and/or Experience:
Work Environment:Manufacturing environment (assembly, machining, quality control facility) at DMG MORI Manufacturing. Exposure to possible hazards may include noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience
8 hour work schedule with overtime as needed.
Frequent: standing, walking, bending,stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling, repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.
Periodic:operating power equipment, and utilizing a computer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening.