Job Title: Machine Operator 1
Pay: Starting at $12.00/hr
Work is guided by diverse procedures, processes and/or technical methods of varying complexity. Incumbents are directed to select best methods and procedures to follow to complete assignments. Tasks are complex in nature where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Decisions/actions may have an impact beyond the job’s immediate work unit or team. Ability to work under general Supervision. Situations not covered by standard processes, procedures and methods are referred to expert resource. May demonstrate work methods to new employees. Deals directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members; engages in exchanges of factual information and provides some explanation in a problem solving capacity. External contacts that require exchanging information is reported to immediate supervision so exchanging of factual information and providing some explanation.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Incumbent operates lathes, vertical mills, and horizontal mills. Sets up required tooling, fixtures, and jaws as specified for each job.
- Inspects workpieces for defects, and measures workpieces to determine accuracy of machine operation. Using measuring instruments such as mics, calipers and indicators.
- Read blueprints or job traveler or programs for tooling and other requirements to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences.
- Cycle starts machines using feed overrides, dry run, etc. Always proceeds with caution.
- Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or clean machines, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoirs and oils.
- Contacts machinist, or maintenance, and immediate supervisor should problems arise.
- Must possess specific certifications as defined by site operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of machine operations.
- Knowledge of product quality issues.
- Ability to set up, operate, calibrate and maintain machine tools
- Ability to recognize and address problems in the production process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively with team members and meet deadlines as directed by supervision.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Have good vision.
- Able to hear machinery and forklift traffic and alarms.
- Ability to learn and progress in career.
- Excellent communication and gets along well with others in a diverse workforce.
- *Candidates who have held previous job titles as "Machine Operator" are encouraged to apply*
Call 408-241-4900 ext 209; email resume to: