Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Safety is always our highest value. That focus is guided by our “Brother’s Keeper” pledge to keep both ourselves and others safe. We abide by the highest ethical standards, knowing our service is critical to utilities and their customers, and we work as a team to deliver creative solutions to our clients. Finally, we are proud of our family-founded history and have worked to retain those family values in our culture since becoming employee-owned in 2002. Wright Tree Service is currently seeking Line Clearance Trimmers to start in the San Jose, CA area.
- Trim and/or remove trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line or powered trimmer lift truck, or work from the ground using saws/pruners.
- Cut branches or trunk sections and drops or lowers them to the ground with lines.
- Use appropriate tools to will fell trees or trimmed trunks and split them into manageable pieces.
- Spray stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth.
- Load and unload trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feed brush into a wood chipper.
- Repair light damage to lawns, fences, and walks caused by tree trimming.
- Relay hand-signals, direct traffic, drive and operates trucks and equipment as assigned.
- Keep trucks and work area clear and orderly.
- Train new employees on proper procedures.
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around work area. Cooperate with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways. Set up barriers, warning signs, flags, etc. to protect employees as well as the public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Assume responsibility for the inspection and proper working conditions of tools, trucks, and other work equipment. Request repair or replacement of equipment when necessary.
- Work around hazardous equipment and in close proximity to energized power lines.
- Work around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- May work on rough terrain.
- Help enforce on-the-job safety practices for crew members.
- Service truck, chipper, and equipment; maintaining them in a neat, clean, and specified mechanical order. Report the need for equipment and truck maintenance to Crew Foreman or General Foreman.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum of 3 months’ experience working on tree trimming or clearing crews and/or has successfully completed applicable performance reviews.
- Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL) within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, and snow.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others and represent Wright Tree Service in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
- Ability to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Maintain a herbicide applicator or operators certification and license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and federal law.
- Must have valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
- Must complete and pass a Climber Trainee Performance Review.
Number of Hours
Number of Hours
BENDING AT WAIST
Lift/carry demands may be routine as follows:
OVER 100 LBS
- Paid Training
- Industry Leading Pay
- Excellent Benefits
- Ongoing Training & Credentialing
To apply, complete an application on our website through our careers tab. A pre-employment drug screen and valid driver's license is required. Wright Tree is an equal opportunity employer.