Holt of California is seeking a qualified Material Handling Service Manager with overall responsibility for the service department and all service department employees. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repairing material handling equipment including all types of forklifts and compact construction equipment.
• Directs overall service department operations.
• Assists technicians in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Closely manage the work in progress including: closing work orders, ensuring warranty processes are followed, complete service bulletins, and ensuring all other key areas of work order management are kept up to date.
• Make changes to working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department.
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate staff to achieve established work and safety goals.
• Studies production schedules and estimates staffing requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Regularly communicate company policies to staff and enforces safety regulations.
• Recommend measures to improve methods, equipment, performance, and quality of product.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists staff in solving work problems.
• Initiates marketing programs to increase business.
• Responsible to set and meet budget and market plans.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
This position requires supervising a total of 15 to 30 employees in the Service Department, in addition to the total responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department
The Service Manager is responsible for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree; or five to eight years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.