As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking a Lead Superintendent to join our team in San Diego, California. The Lead Superintendent will work on local K-12 schools job-sites in the San Diego area. Please include a project list when applying. This role helps provide overall leadership for on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations on assigned project(s), including direct supervision of other project superintendents, assistant superintendents, foreman, subcontractors, and other construction related personnel. Directing them in planning, coordination and execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals, implementing and maintaining zero harm commitment, working with the project manager on the overall management of the project, promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image. A Lead Superintendent is capable of delivering large and complex projects or multiple smaller projects generally with one or more reporting superintendents.
Project Financial Responsibilities
• Participate with the project manager in issuance of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial cost reports.
• In coordination with the project manager develop general conditions budget, and through labor cost reporting manage and control the budget.
• Review, approve, and code subcontractor and vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
• Strategize with the project manager to ensure risk is addressed at the project level
• Assist preconstruction and project management to develop an initial project
• schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
• Prepare or assist in preparing operations related components of proposals and
• presentations, including logistics plans, phasing plans, project risk assessments, quality control plans, safety plans etc.
• Lead construction delivery portions of presentations.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
• Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
• Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, buyout, owner/architect/contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling, and post-mortem meetings.
• Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
• Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program that achieves an effective implementation of Zero Harm program.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
• Management of an OSHA site visits.
• Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
• Perform and monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, emergency action plan, erosion and sediment control documentation, and timesheets.
• Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling and pull planning, monitoring and expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
• Responsible for supervision of layout and field engineering in accordance with all project requirements.
• Ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, classifications, wage rates, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met
• Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk.
• Develop and execute a plan for monitoring the completion of punch list items and coordinate all required field inspections.
• Understand local labor requirements, availability and capability for self-perform work.
• In the absence of other superintendents being assigned to the project, the senior
• superintendent assumes all duties and responsibilities of the superintendent.
• Understand all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with the
• project contract documents.
• Coordinate daily construction activities within existing operating facilities.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.