Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Inc. (JGM) has offered a comprehensive array of design and construction - related services to public and private sector clients since its founding in 1981.
Today JGM consists of more than 50 professionals who specialize in program, project and construction management, urban planning and architectural design in the fields of transportation infrastructure, civic, educational, institutional, residential and commercial facilities. ﾠAll of JGM's professional staff is committed to the common goal of providing high-quality services and expertise to our public and private sector clients.
With current projects such as the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor, Westside Subway Extension, LAX-Delta Airlines Terminal Redevelopment, and various others, being a part of the JGM Family allows you the ability to work on some of the most iconic and influential programs in the region.
- Provide Cadastral and utility research.
- Familiarity with LIDAR and photogrammetric surveys.
- Familiarity with Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties helpful.
- Boundary, easement, and ALTA Survey support services experience a must.
- Provide support to the surveying staff in a timely and efficient manner to fit schedules and budgets. Responsible for checking field notes, computing and processing survey field data. Analyze and resolve discrepancies with field data, record data and between the two. Alert the manager to any discrepancies and actions taken.
- Produce 2D and 3D maps using AutoCADD, create survey base maps, topographic maps, terrain models and cross-sections for transmission facility design and land acquisition using organizational and industry standards. Create subsequent reports for control purposes.
- Field Survey experience required. Field survey services will not be required as a part of this position.
- Graduated or working toward a degree or certificate in surveying related field preferred. Associate of Science degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering is preferred. Associates Degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering or a directly related field may be substituted for 2 years experience.
- Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) or Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred.
- 2+ years of verifiable experience in land surveying technician or engineering technician fields required (1 year of experience with an Associate Degree).
- Solid LDD- AutoCad - Trimble GPS equipment experience is necessary to perform duties
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance-paid by company
- Additional supplemental insurance available