Laboratory technicians will perform various tests on various refinery samples (both water and hydrocarbon) for product certification, regulation compliance, and process unit monitoring. Job duties include:
Technicians work a four day, 10 hour rotating shift schedule from 7:00 am - 5:30 pm (including holidays and weekends). Occasional overtime and off-hour call-outs are expected, and required.
- Proper and timely execution of product certification and compliance testing.
- Responsible for understanding release specifications and routine sample properties.
- Reports sample, equipment, and data irregularities.
- Understand basic properties of products and process streams.
- Communicates unusual test results or sample properties.
- Understands application of data system procedures (e.g. sample login, test editing, sample processing).
- Responsible for executing methods and insuring data integrity.
- Takes lead role in timely method execution, data entry, data reporting, exception response, and daily SQC on instruments and methods.
- Also responsible for basic frontline maintenance and routine calibrations.
- May participate in quantitative assessments of workloads, laboratory efficiency, and safety/ergonomic issues.