- CA |
- Jobs |
- Junior Quality Inspector
Junior Quality Inspector
We are a leader in precision sheetmetal/frame fabrication and an equal opportunity employer located in Hayward. We are one of the Bay Area's top 100 growing privately held companies and have been in business for 45+ years.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER offering highly competitive salaries with the opportunity for advancement. We offer attractive and competitive benefits package to employees, including health/dental insurance, vacation and holiday pay, a 401(k) plan, Aflac Insurance opportunity.
JOB DESCRIPTION:This position reports directly to the Quality Inspection Department Manager. As hands-on mechanical inspector you will be responsible for executing general inspection functions, both viual and dimensional, including correctly and properly using mechanical measuring devices and reporting such results required by procedure.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently to accomplish visual and dimensional mechanical inspection processes with minimal supervision to the highest quality department standard while adhering to best safety practices.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering level mechanical drawings
- Be able to conduct in-process and final inspection processes confirming compliance to specifications
- Be able to determine acceptance, rejection of materials presented for inspection
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, and correctly and carefully inputting data into the quality database.
- Assists Quality team members or management with failure and nonconforming material data recording and reporting
- Be a participant in team member training.
- Accomplish inspection related tasks as directed by the Quality Department or upper management
- Be a team member of the quality department and support Production, Engineering and other internal departments to further the interests of the company as a whole.
- Education Background:
- High School graduate or GED Equivalent
- Thorough understanding of basic Trigonometry and Geometry
- Read and Write English
WORK HISTORY:Up to 3 years of experience in quality inspection in the metal fabrication or machining industry. If you have trade school curriculum in blue print reading and machining and/or quality in lieu of hands-on work experience, you will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
TECHNICAL BACKGROUND:Required Skill set:
- Ability to write and/or complete general work reports
- Demonstrate excellent blueprint reading skills
- Thorough understanding of the use and application of cosmetic, workmanship, packaging, etc., standards as would be used in the metal fabrication industry.
- Basic Computer Skills/Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use Precision Hand measuring devices such as calipers, height gages, thread gauges, protractors, micrometers etc.
- Knowledge/experience with ISO 9001 quality management systems.
- Ability to perform First Article Inspections, Roving Inspection/Audits, Pre-Outside Process Inspections or Final Inspections to ensure conformance to required dimensional, and cosmetic and other standards requirements.
- Familiarity with Inspections for Metal Job Shop Outside Services including Plating, Painting, Silk Screening, etc.
- Perform inspections within acceptable performance and productivity standards
Desirable Skill set:
- Knowledge of SPC
- Detailed knowledge of GD&T
- CMM operating experience
- Experience with CMM Manager a plus.
- CMM Programming in CMM Manager is highly desirable.
- Have functional knowledge of SOLIDWORKS files as applicable to CMM operations
- Spanish bilingual capability is a plus
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision and pro-actively communicate with department peers and management.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be committed to continuous personal improvement
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight schedules
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with other team members and with management
- Ability to follow directives from quality department management and stay on task