Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for a Junior Cost Engineer. The Junior Cost Engineer will prepare detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams; assist in provide analysis and review of cost/budget expenditure and maintain cost control reports; assist in reporting anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements; maintain a liaison with Data Processing in developing support for network calculations, printouts and cost reports, and other cost related services.
Essential Job Duties - The Junior Cost Engineer duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in Monitoring project budgets.
- Review and analyze consultant/contractor invoices and prepares job costing reports to allocate these expenditures against the appropriate WBS numbers. Ensure that both commitments and expenditures follow the same allocation methodology. Information is communicated to the Project Manager for review and input.
- Attend project meetings to provide Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Review task orders for consultant/contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary project budget and/or contract capacity exists. Provides input back to Contract Administration, Project Controls, Budget Managers and Project Managers.
- Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- Analyze change order values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- Update project and contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, create budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of project and financial WBS structure
- Prepare data to support documentation required journal vouchers for budget transfers
- Works with, provides information for review and gathers input from Contract Administrators, Project Controls, and Project Managers.
- Thorough familiarity with MS office suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
- 1 or more years of cost engineering experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical-, and management-level personnel.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
- Flexible to a potentially varying shift time or overtime schedule.
- Demonstrated graphic reporting capability
- May assume other duties, as required/needed
- May work overtime, as required/needed
- May be required to work various shifts, as needed
NOTE: This is a Los Angeles-based position. Candidates must be available within short-notice, should they be selected for an interview. Travel and/or relocation expenses associated with the interview and selection process are not covered by LENAX.
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on will be required as well.
****LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package***
LENAX is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.