OUR MISSION: is to be Employee Centric and Client Obsessed
Magellan Architects is expanding and looking for talented individuals to join our crew. Due to our growth we have positions available at all three locations: Redmond, WA, Fountain Valley, CA and Dallas, TX.
We would love to meet you if:
* you would like to become your own BOSS or trusted mentor
* you are passionate about resolving challenges on a variety of project types
* you love building relationships with clients and peers
* you would like to be more challenged in your career and develop a clear and transparent path for your future
* you want to be a part of an employee-centric firm where you can be heard and share your ideas
* you are seeking unrestricted opportunities for upward growth in your job
* you want a company that will support your growth as an individual and encourage you to learn new skills
* you want a career doing what you love with people who have your back
* you are looking for a culture that encourages your growth and development
Magellan is committed to bringing the best out of its talented employees and developing them to their fullest potential.
If you are someone who loves change, variety, and a challenge, we want to meet you!
The Job Captain position’s primary role will be to work closely with the Project Team to help develop, implement, and manage the overall project. This will require clear, effective verbal and written communication skills and high-quality drawings. Problem-solving, attention to detail, open communication, and a strong drive to see results will ensure you retain highly satisfied clients. This is a good role for someone who is technically proficient and enjoys working with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
* Work side by side with Project Team to create presentation drawings
* Assists in creating Construction Documents
* Assist with materials and methods research
* Support Project Team with research for Code compliance
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Works collaboratively with the Project Team (i.e. Architect, Interior Designer, and Project Manager)
* Assists in developing the strategy for producing the design and construction documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work.
* Assists in planning, making adaptations and modifications to complete the working drawings.
* Responsible for communication verbally or in writing with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* 3+ years of work experience in commercial Architecture
* Demonstrated experience in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe suites & Microsoft suite
* Ability to effectively coordinate with consultants and contractors
* The ability to work and thrive in a team and independent working scenarios with demonstrable organizational and time management skills
* Areas of experience preferred in multiple zoning codes, CBC and ADA
* Bachelors or technical design degree in Architecture preferred
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Time off benefits – 8 paid holidays plus paid vacation
Health – Health Benefits including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
Tuition Reimbursement – Professional Development Programs and Licensure Reimbursement
401(k) – 401K Plan with Safe Harbor Employer Contributions
Bonus Program – Including annual bonus and business development commission
Training – Continuous learning opportunities
Office Events – Including company BBQ’s, birthday celebrations and holiday parties
Additional Benefits – Making life easier for you
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Magellan Architects is a proud MBE/DBE firm that encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to join our team.
Submit resume and portfolio of work to