Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Peterson has an immediate opening for an IT Production Support Manager in our San Leandro headquarters.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the IT Production Support Manager will coordinate the development implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions as directed to meet company business needs and future goals. The Production Manager is expected to maintain effective personnel development programs and promote a high level of productivity and morale. This includes assisting the VP of Information Technology with planning, staffing and execution of the work that results in maintaining effective systems and technology services throughout the organization.
- Manage the organization’s applications initiatives and operating systems to ensure that technical problems are resolved expeditiously and with a minimum amount of user inconvenience. Monitors staff and their resolution of problems to ensure optimum user-system performance. (i.e. CRM, Cognos, Agco, Lotus Notes, Traveler, Websense, etc.) Ensure applications are kept up to date and versions are current.
- Guarantee proper support, service and availability of servers, SAN, VMWare, and application hardware.
- Must be available to manage and monitor these systems 24/7 to ensure the many other technical components (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Trusts between sites, access rights, identity management, Domains Controllers, etc.) are working and when problems arises provide or delegate prompt resolution.
- Provide immediate attention to system alarms. Carefully examine the situation, identify proper resolution to ensure all company systems remain up and running.
- Plan, coordinate and implement updates and maintenance efforts as needed to ensure uninterrupted service is maintained within the company computer systems. Oversee quarterly maintenance on Peterson applications environment.
- Work closely with the Director of IT to identify system gaps and how to continue to streamline and simplify the environment.
- Work with IT Director to establish and implement best practices and policies including change control, segregation of duties, etc.
- Assess the gaps in the skills and competencies IT support staff require to fulfill their assigned roles and responsibilities and submit your assessment to the Director of IT. Assist in the development of action plans that will close the gaps and measure performance as the means to seek continuous improvement in the work process.
- Serve as principal technology liaison managing to and delivering on data center and applications SLA’s. Develop and implement data center level standards.
- Develops and recommends risk standards for security of applications, servers, and operating systems including managing the change order process.
- Interfaces with other departments and vendors to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems; develops system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies and activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors and make recommendation to the IT Director.
- Assist the Director of IT in the development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures; prepares and maintains documentation of software applications, servers, SAN, and maintains stability of 3rd party applications including CRM, Cognos and other related 3rd party applications.
- Will assist in the development of appropriate measures to minimize security breaches, including data recovery and backup procedures.
- Responsible for recommending and implementing procedures, policies, and security clearance for users to gain access to information system assets.
- Provides project management, design implementation, documentation, and operations support for network infrastructure.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential function of the job.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science (preferred) and ten years technology experience in enterprise environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Caterpillar environment ideal.
Minimum of 2 years employee management experience; and experience working with different internal departments and employees at different levels of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.