- CA |
- Jobs |
- Instrumentation and Analyzer Technicians - Martinez, CA
Instrumentation and Analyzer Technicians - Martinez, CA
This posting is intended to capture interest from candidates perpetually; however, hiring cycles are forecasted to be 2-3 times per year depending upon business need and vacancies. Applications received in between hiring cycles will be kept on file and considered during the next hiring cycle, which may take several months. All candidates will receive written notification if they are selected to proceed in the latest hiring cycle.
The Martinez Refinery refines and markets gasoline and other petroleum products under the Shell brand name throughout the west and northern midwest, providing product to Shell-branded retail outlets.
Refinery Instrumentation Technicians and Analyzer Technicians install, repair, and maintain mechanical regulating and controlling devices, such as electric meters, gas regulators, thermostats, safety and flow valves, and other mechanical governors. Specific duties include:
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, calibrate, test, remove, and clean plant instrumentation equipment.
- Operate tools and machinery to effect assigned repair work.
- Communicate to operations employees, supervisors, and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area both verbally and in writing.
- Perform preventive maintenance work as assigned.
- Receive training to be qualified to perform successfully in job.
- Train other personnel in any instrument/electrical functions with which they are unfamiliar.
- Read and comprehend vendor literature including, but not limited to, installation, operation and maintenance manual, and parts lists.
- Employ knowledge of applicable electrical standards and codes in carrying out work assignments.
- Use of computer in daily routine including data entry into computerized management maintenance system
- Troubleshooting and making field repairs to safety shutdown systems
- Troubleshooting and correcting ladder logic
- Troubleshooting and repairing PLC control interfaces
- Troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating, tuning and aligning controllers
- Troubleshooting, calibrating and making field repairs to control valves
- Troubleshooting, calibrating and making field repairs to positioners
- Troubleshooting, calibrating and making field repairs to actuators
- Troubleshooting and repairing level measurement equipment
- Troubleshooting transducers
- Troubleshooting and repairing vibration measurement instrumentation
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, configuring and repairing electronic transmitters
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, configuring and repairing DCS systems
- Overhauling, repairing and calibrating displacer level controls
- Using pressure test equipment
- Troubleshooting, calibrating and repairing pressure switches
- Troubleshooting, calibrating and repairing regulators