Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Inc. (JGM) has offered a comprehensive array of design and construction - related services to public and private sector clients since its founding in 1981.
Today JGM consists of more than 50 professionals who specialize in program, project and construction management, urban planning and architectural design in the fields of transportation infrastructure, civic, educational, institutional, residential and commercial facilities. ﾠAll of JGM's professional staff is committed to the common goal of providing high-quality services and expertise to our public and private sector clients.
With current projects such as the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor, Westside Subway Extension, LAX-Delta Airlines Terminal Redevelopment, and various others, being a part of the JGM Family allows you the ability to work on some of the most iconic and influential programs in the region.
The Transportation and Healthcare Divisions of JGM are actively seeking creative, highly talented Inspector - Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) for immediate employment. The Inspector - MEP will be responsible for field supervision of contractors' activities to ensure works are constructed safely and in accordance with contract documents, submitted construction work plans, safe work plans and other relevant documents. This role is primarily based in the field. Shift work and weekend work required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect work performed by general contractor and subcontractors to verify that work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications, approved shop drawings and approved work plans.
- Prepare written and electronic daily field reports and maintain quality assurance logs detailing work performed, any deviation from plans, unforeseen conditions, and any non-conforming work.
- Maintain time and material records for changes as necessary.
- Monitor correction of non-conforming work by the general contractor.
- Review and comment on execution packages and contractor work plans.
- Monitor compliance by contractor with work site health and safety plans. Report any non-compliant conditions to the contractor management and construction manager..
- Coordinate with any required special testing agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Outlook)
- Good communication skills (oral and written) with ability to deal well with clients and employees at all levels
- Experience in construction quality assurance and inspection including heavy civil construction and underground structures
- Experience with cast-in-place concrete and shotcrete, utilities, and waterproofing
- OSHPD Experience
- OSHA 10 Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Large selection of medical plans and with a generous employer base plan--HMO, PPO, HSA/EPO options available; Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic/Acupuncture benefits, as well as, additional supplemental insurance offered
- Life Insurance (paid by JGM)
- 401K matching
- Education Assistance
JGM is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer