Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Inc. (JGM) has offered a comprehensive array of design and construction - related services to public and private sector clients since its founding in 1981.
Today JGM consists of more than 50 professionals who specialize in program, project and construction management, urban planning and architectural design in the fields of transportation infrastructure, civic, educational, institutional, residential and commercial facilities. ﾠAll of JGM's professional staff is committed to the common goal of providing high-quality services and expertise to our public and private sector clients.
With current projects such as the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor, Westside Subway Extension, LAX-Delta Airlines Terminal Redevelopment, and various others, being a part of the JGM Family allows you the ability to work on some of the most iconic and influential programs in the region.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Visits construction sites and inspects each stage of construction up to completion. Interpret plans, specifications, and codes and verifies contract work is performed in accordance with them. Assist in obtaining approved designs and permits from utility companies for services to construction sites.
- Monitor construction sites for safety violations. Prepares Non-Conformance Reports when work is not performed to the approved standards. Maintains daily activity logs and reports.
- Review or prepare interim progress reports for contractor payments. Monitor contractor- testing activities. Prepare reports on labor, material, and equipment on site. Determine construction conforms to plans and specifications; if not issue Non-Conformance Reports for corrective action.
- Assist in maintaining, supporting, and promoting a safe work environment while complying with safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates preparation of inspection cost estimates and maintenance records.
- Arranges, coordinates and oversees technical inspections such as electrical, mechanical, landscaping, soil testing, concrete, and asphalt mixes, and reinforcing steel for conformance to specification requirements.
- Coordinates Test laboratory activities and compares verifications test results with result from Contractor’s laboratory.
- May allocate inspection resources and supervise inspectors.
- Five (5) years of experience for Associate positions, ten (10) years of experience for Senior and Lead positions which reflect a progressively increasing level of responsibility on complex projects as a General Contractor, Building Construction Supervisor, Building Inspector of large commercial or industrial construction projects, heavy construction projects, transportation, or transit construction projects for the appropriate disciplines including utilities, civil, architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical trackwork, and tunnel systems.
- ICC Certificate of Reinforced Concrete or Masonry, ACI Registered Contraction Inspector License, comparable Deputy Inspection License for a county for city agency. NICET certification, or other alternative certification form an acceptable nationally recognized organization is highly desirable where applicable to Inspection of that particular trade.
- Cal-OSHA/OSHA 30 training certification.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance - paid by company
- Additional supplemental insurance offered