Assist customers and contractors by providing quotes and product dimension information, both in person and over the phone. Handles special orders and advanced pricing.
1. Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
2. Initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales to achieve a projected sales goal.
3. Represent assigned outside sales representatives during their absence from the office. Handle telephone calls, writes orders, resolves problems, and relays any information for those individuals.
4. Provide accurate and complete material take offs of single/multiple family home projects.
5. Provide technical assistance to drafting and engineering as required.
6. Analyze and size various lumber products using appropriate software.
7. Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products. Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses and a availability.
8. Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
9. Create accurate and complete invoices, work orders, and sales tickets.
10. Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom.
11. Operate and balance cash register daily.
12. Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
13. Work with outside sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
1. Minimum education required: High School Diploma
2. Minimum experience required: 2 years in building material industry with extensive knowledge of product and application.
3. Special skills required: Ability to operate computer, calculator & cash register. Knowledge of building materials, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry. Good interpersonal and customer relations skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Should be familiar with inventory and inventory control.
4. Other: Must be able to drive and walk throughout yards, plants and offices.