POSITION SUMMARY: Influence sales of Caterpillar and Allied machinery offerings and other related technology products throughout the territory. Additionally, passes along other business unit sales opportunities to the appropriate department. Builds and maintains relationships with customers and assists the customers with all of their machinery needs. Assist in the company’s on-going Sales, Product and Marketing efforts.
- Prospect and develop assigned accounts and provide information on the products and services offered by Sales Department.
- Develop E-commerce and other business opportunities for all assigned accounts, provide quotes and close sales.
- Establish and maintain close-working relationships with customers at all levels.
- Act as a main contact Product Support Rep. for walk-in traffic and unassigned sales inquiries.
- Assist in clean up and maintenance of machine population and customer lists.
- Assist in Equipment Management Solutions using Conditioning Monitoring tools such as Vision Link.
- Introduction and marketing of Hawthorne’s capabilities to all customers.
- Make occasional sales calls on customers in assigned markets and maintain a quoting process for Product Support sales.
- Maintain customer contact information, sales call reports and weekly call planners.
- Develop sales goals and objectives for each market.
- Assist in maintaining the company’s social media presence on a daily basis.
- Assist in marketing campaigns, special events and other duties as needed.
- Perform any job that may be assigned as necessary to meet the company, department or individual goals and objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Preferred minimum of five years in construction sales with experience in customer service and marketing.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a self-starter.
- Must be organized and a good planner.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Must possess an aptitude for social media and other web based forms of communication and interaction.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be are required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handing: Seizes helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read computer and paperwork.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Climbing: May climb on and off various equipment.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in both office and outdoor environment.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.