The Industrial Maintenance Technician II completes scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of conveyor systems.
- Maintain and trouble shoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical
- Responsible for completing all training plans for service technicians
- Responsible for following all Preventive Maintenance programs
- Ability to assist in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers and encoders.
- Ability to assist with PLC programs, troubleshooting ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays and weekends)
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas: 1. Automated conveyor systems and controls, 2. Electrical and electronic principles, 3. Blueprint and electrical schematic reading, 4. Knowledge of CMMS programs, 5. Preventative maintenance procedures, 6. Industrial Electronics, 7. Industrial PLC literacy
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical Field
- 2 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.