Johns Manville, Willows, CA, is hiring responsible, quality-minded individuals who have a history of working safely in a manufacturing environment as INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIANS.
Under the responsibility Plant Engineer and the general supervision and direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, our Maintainer A/Electrician inspects, maintains, repairs and fabricates machinery, equipment, systems, buildings, facilities and physical structures. Must be a specialist in at least one of the following skill categories, mechanical or electrical, and will perform work within the other skill, when it is a requisite for job completion or when directed by supervision. Follows job safety analyses (JSAs), uses safe work practices, and reports hazardous conditions at all times. Wears safety shoes and other protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting on all plant equipment and systems.
- Reads, interprets, and follows complex blueprints, diagrams and sketches, making all measurements and calculations necessary to complete job.
- Makes out work orders, requisitions, inspection reports, time distribution, material usage, etc., and performs other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed.
- Inspects mechanical and electrical machinery and equipment; diagnoses faulty operation and makes necessary adjustments or repairs to keep equipment in operation.
- Removes machines from service when they cannot be repaired while in operation.
- Assembles and installs all types of new or repaired electrical circuits, systems, instruments and equipment, including troubleshooting of PLCs, motors, regulators, controllers, generators and switches. Plans routing and runs conduit for these installations.
- Makes meggar, voltmeter, ammeter, ground locating and other electrical tests. Possesses working knowledge of electrical distribution systems and switchboards
- Stays current on the latest types of electrical control, motor drive, and industrial lighting equipment. Must know national electrical codes, state and local codes, company rules and regulations as they apply to this plant, and comply with them.
- Fabrication as necessary of boxes, brackets and hangers for electrical panels, conduit runs, switchgear, panel boards, and limit switches using drills, taps, dies, grinders, saws, shears, measuring devices, and other types of hand and power tools.
- May operate mobile equipment, including forklifts, manlift, crane and carts.
- Works with other maintenance employees during oven clean outs and emergencies, performing any duty to get equipment back into operation in minimum time.
Starts at $26.77 per hour for initial 60-working-day introductory period, increases to $28.45 per hour upon successful completion of the 60-working-day introductory period.
- A high school diploma or GED
- The ability to write, speak and understand English and to comprehend and interpret detailed and technical information in communicated in English.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to manually lift at least 50 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics, sometimes while in awkward positions.
- The ability to execute both fine and gross motor hand movements.
- The ability to work safely and effectively with a diverse workforce.
- The ability to respond to periodic emergency situations that may demand speed and accuracy.
- The ability to work safely in a fast-paced, often stressful work environment.
- The ability to safely and effectively work in an often dusty work environment that experiences a broad range of temperatures (very hot to very cold)
- The ability to withstand the rigors of working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, when necessary.
- The ability to remain alert and attentive during all hours of the assigned work shift.
Johns Manville Willows is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace. Candidates who are extended conditional offers of employment must submit to and pass a background check and post-offer, pre-employment tests, including a physical ability exam, a drug-screen and a nicotine screen.