POSITION TITLE: HVAC Service Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PAYRATE: $20-$25/hr (DOE)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 11, 2014
This position is responsible for service and repair of residential heating and air conditioning systems. You will inspect and test systems to verify plan and specification standards of compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle. Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system
to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue
is and what is need to correct.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer
system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in the HVAC service field with residential and light commercial experience.
- Knowledge of current HVAC code regulations and industry standards
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret
blueprints, plans and manuals
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job(s) are done correctly the first time.
- Good communication skills
Must provide own tools and have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Frequent lifting, up to 50lbs
- Continual standing, walking, bending, stooping
- Frequent climbing on ladders
- Continual use of both hands, grasping of objects
- Working outdoors in varying temperature and weather conditions
Other Perks & Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k with company match program
- PTO Program