National Air & Energy is a fully integrated mechanical contractor with complete service, maintenance, ground-up construction, tenant improvement, controls, and engineering capabilities. With over 150 employees, National Air is a leading mechanical contractor throughout the San Diego market as well as surrounding areas. National takes great pride in providing its employees with top benefits and training, in addition to consistently providing a predictable and stable working environment. Employees of National Air enjoy paid holidays and vacation time, a comprehensive 401k program complete with company-funded matching, multiple choices for medical and dental coverage, a company vehicle, and regularly scheduled paid training tailored to an individual’s needs and interests.
- Performs service calls and maintenance calls scheduled by dispatcher, writes out service tickets, and maintains truck inventory
- Must be able to read drawings, blueprints, and work well in a team setting
- Maintains HVAC systems by diagnosing, repairing/replacing compressors, condenser motors, evaporator motors, metering devices, temperature and humidity controls, fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, tubing, and related components, and completing power connections
- Tests and repairs HVAC systems by operating the systems, identifying malfunctions, and repairing or replacing parts and components
- Capable of troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, and writing up repair descriptions for department estimator
- Documents actions by completing service tickets and filling out equipment and chemical records
- 5 or more years experience in system start-up, testing, maintenance and repair of commercial/industrial HVAC and process systems
- Must be able to pass background check and drug testing
- Valid drivers’ license and good driving record are required
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be responsible for maintaining service requirements and customer relations
- Previous experience with refrigeration systems, water chillers, centrifugal & turbine pumps, cooling towers, centrifugal and axial fans, air handling systems, air washer systems, package units, and split A/C system
Additional Skills Desired:
- Prefer Associates Degree and/or equivalent military or trade school training & appropriate experience
- Experience with pneumatic, DDC and/or PLC systems for HVAC controls is desired
We are a stable, consistent, and well established, 45 year old organization offering a company furnished vehicle, competitive compensation, paid training, and complete health, dental, and 401K benefits.