Control Air Conditioning Corporation is looking to hire an organized, timely, and respectful project manager for our Tenant Improvement department with a minimum of 3 years of mechanical commercial/institutional management experience. The project manager must have short-term and long-term processing abilities and demonstrate their ability to understand and comply with company, project, contractual requirements, and to provide clear and accurate documentation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Manage subcontractor scope and performance contractual requirements.
· Leading mechanical conversations during project coordination meetings.
· Organize, file, and track all project coordination and correspondence.
· Develop and maintain bid packages to subcontractors and vendors.
· Scope out subcontractors and vendors and issue purchase orders.
· Manage all project control procedures and develop additional items as needed.
· Manage and mentor project engineers, field employees, and other office staff’s growth and performance through feedback and communication.
· Review, formalize, and approve documentation for the successful tracking of projects, including submittals, schedules, schedule of values, billings, requests for information, requests for change orders, change orders, project start-up, close out, O&M’s, and as-builts, and warranties.
· Manage all manpower requirements for your projects.
· Manage work sequences, long lead items, procurement, and project schedules.
· Manage testing and inspection records, permits, and occupancy notifications.
· Learn all software programs utilized in the day-to-day business operations of the company.
· Other duties as assigned.
Basis of Evaluation:
· Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
· Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
· Ability to maintain costs and projection information in the job costing system.
· Completion of monthly progress reports including all current subcontract amounts, material purchases, and change orders.
· Completion of monthly billings and processing of subcontractor invoices.
· Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, change orders, and progress billings for your projects.
· Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project (required should we ever have cause to litigate).
· Ability to prepare and run meetings in a clear and concise manner following up on all committed action items.
· Maintain and grow Control Air’s customer satisfaction and reputation.
· Must have a strong work ethic and a “can-do” problem solving attitude.
· Must be an excellent listener and communicator.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· 3+ years’ experience in mechanical contracting is required.
· Associate’s degree in a Construction-related profession (or similar) is required (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
· Must present a strong, confident and professional image.
· Knowledge of current California Building Code.
· Healthcare experience preferred.
· Must be comfortable with projects in the $1 million to $10 million range.
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Bluebeam Review
· Electronic File Management
· Timberline/Sage (optional)
· Primavera or other scheduling software a plus
· Computer Modeling and CAD experience a plus
· California Building Codes, SMACNA, MCAA, ASHRAE, LEED, other equivalent standards
Benefits include the following:
· Competitive salary (doe).
· Remote & flexible work environment.
· Medical and dental benefits.
· 401k retirement plan.
· Life Insurance.
· Long Term Disability Insurance.
· FSA & AFLAC extra insurance.
· Paid holidays.
· Paid vacation.
· Paid sick time.
Control Air is one of the largest commercial air conditioning firms in California. Our three major divisions (Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, and Service) handle a wide range of projects and services, including: office & high rise, medical, labs & clean rooms, industrial, sports facilities, retail, educational facilities, hotel, public works, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, and many others. In addition, we have our own manufacturing facilities that manufacture and distribute union-made products to the HVAC industry throughout the Western United States.
Please refer to our website at