Control Air Conditioning Corporation is looking to hire an organized, timely, and respectful project engineer with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or construction management. The project engineer must have short and long term processing abilities and demonstrate their ability to understand and comply with company, project, contractual requirements, and to provide clear and accurate documentation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist in managing large & complex HVAC construction projects.
· Assist in managing subcontractor scope and performance of contractual requirements.
· Assist in tracking field installation.
· Organize, file, and track all project coordination and correspondence.
· Accurate documentation to successfully track projects, including submittals, schedules, schedule of values, billings, RFI’s (requests for information), requests for change orders, change orders, project start-up and close-out (including timely processing of O&M’s and “as-built” packages).
· Learn all software programs utilized in the day-to-day business operations of the company.
Basis of Evaluation:
· Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
· Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
· Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, and change orders.
· Timeliness and accuracy of submittals, project turnover and start-up packages.
· Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project.
· Maintain and grow Control Air’s customer satisfaction and reputation.
· Must have a strong work ethic and a “can-do” problem solving attitude.
· Must be an excellent listener and communicator.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Bluebeam, Adobe editing, ACAD training is an advantage.
· Experience in mechanical contracting is desired but not necessary.
· Bachelor degree in a Construction related profession or similar is required.
· Must present a strong, confident and professional image.
· Must be able to commute to different jobsites within the SoCal area.
Benefits include the following:
· Competitive wage (doe).
· Medical and dental benefits.
· 401k retirement plan.
· Life Insurance.
· Long Term Disability Insurance.
· FSA & AFLAC extra insurance.
· Paid holidays.
· Paid vacation.
· Paid sick time.
Control Air is one of the largest commercial air conditioning firms in California. Our three major divisions (Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, and Service) handle a wide range of projects and services, including: office & high rise, medical, labs & clean rooms, industrial, sports facilities, retail, educational facilities, hotel, public works, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, and many others. In addition, we have our own manufacturing facilities that manufacture and distribute union-made products to the HVAC industry throughout the Western United States.
Please refer to our website at