Control Air Conditioning Corporation is looking to hire an organized, timely, and respectful HVAC construction project manager with a minimum of 5 years of mechanical commercial/institutional management experience to work in our San Diego office. The project manager must have short and long term processing abilities and demonstrate their ability to understand and comply with company, project, contractual requirements, and to provide clear and accurate documentation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage subcontractor scope and performance contractual requirements.
- Leading mechanical conversations during project coordination meetings.
- Organize, file, and track all project coordination and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain bid packages to subcontractors and vendors.
- Scope out subcontractors and vendors and issue purchase orders.
- Manage all project control procedures and develop additional items as needed.
- Manage and mentor project engineers, field employees, and other office staff’s growth and performance through feedback and communication.
- Review, formalize, and approve documentation for the successful tracking of projects, including submittals, schedules, schedule of values, billings, requests for information, requests for change orders, change orders, project start-up, close out, O&M’s, and as-builts, and warranties.
- Manage all manpower requirements for your projects.
- Manage work sequences, long lead items, procurement, and project schedules.
- Manage testing and inspection records, permits, and occupancy notifications.
- Learn all software programs utilized in the day-to-day business operations of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basis of Evaluation:
- Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
- Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
- Ability to maintain costs and projection information in the job costing system.
- Completion of monthly progress reports including all current subcontract amounts, material purchases, and change orders.
- Completion of monthly billings and processing of subcontractor invoices.
- Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, change orders, and progress billings for your projects.
- Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project (required should we ever have cause to litigate).
- Ability to prepare and run meetings in a clear and concise manner following up on all committed action items.
- Maintain and grow Control Air’s customer satisfaction and reputation.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a “can-do” problem solving attitude.
- Must be an excellent listener and communicator.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- 5+ years experience in mechanical contracting is required.
- Bachelor degree in a Construction related profession or similar is preferred but not required.
- Must present a strong, confident and professional image.
- Knowledge of California Building Code.
Benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary (doe).
- Medical and dental benefits.
- 401k retirement plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Long Term Disability Insurance.
- FSA & AFLAC extra insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid sick time.
Control Air is one of the largest commercial air conditioning firms in California. Our three major divisions (Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, and Service) handle a wide range of projects and services, including: office & high rise, medical, labs & clean rooms, industrial, sports facilities, retail, educational facilities, hotel, public works, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, and many others. In addition, we have our own manufacturing facilities that manufacture and distribute union-made products to the HVAC industry throughout the Western United States.
Please refer to our website at for additional information.
Our corporate headquarters are in Southern California (Anaheim - just south of Los Angeles), conveniently located near several major freeways. We also have offices in San Diego and Hayward (Northern California). Our manufacturing facilities are located in Anaheim (Southern California) and Hayward (Northern California).
We look forward to hearing from you!