Control Air Conditioning Corporation is looking to hire an organized, professional HVAC Project Manager I to join our major construction team at our Anaheim, CA headquarters. Qualified candidates must have major construction experience in HVAC Piping, Sheet Metal and Plumbing (experience with high rise buildings a plus).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Overall project management, including: budgeting, cost engineering & forecasting, CPM scheduling, staff management, cost evaluation and estimating, understanding of mechanical systems and component operation, subcontractor management, communication, and leadership.
· Initialize project staff and organization.
· Project tracking and reporting including production updates.
· Set up budgets and project financials.
· CPM scheduling including management, analysis, and preparation.
· Procurement of major equipment items and components.
· Manage fabrication and deliverables.
· Perform project financials including progress reporting for status and cash flow.
· Leading mechanical conversations during project coordination meetings.
· Handle field issues and conflicts as they arise.
· Maintain team organization and performance requirements.
· Execute project processes and create as required.
· Manage subcontractors and Associated scope evaluation.
· Manage and mentor project engineers, field employees, and other office staff’s growth and performance through feedback and communication.
· Review, formalize, and approve documentation for the successful tracking of projects, including: submittals, schedules, schedule of values, billings, requests for information, requests for change orders, change orders, project start-up, close out, O&M’s, as-builts, and warranties.
· Manage all manpower requirements for your projects.
· Manage testing and inspection records, permits, and occupancy notifications.
· Utilize software and programs required in the performance of the position.
· Other duties as assigned.
Basis of Evaluation:
· Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
· Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
· Ability to maintain costs and projection information in the job costing system.
· Completion of monthly progress reports including all current subcontract amounts, material purchases, and change orders.
· Completion of monthly billings and processing of subcontractor invoices.
· Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, change orders, and progress billings for your projects.
· Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project (required should we ever have cause to litigate).
· Ability to prepare and run meetings in a clear and concise manner following up on all committed action items.
· Maintain and grow Control Air’s customer satisfaction and reputation.
· Construction Management Degree (preferred)
· Mechanical Engineering (optional)
· 5 to 10 years of Major Construction Project Management (HVAC Mechanical Projects & Systems)
· Mechanical plumbing experience a plus
· BMS controls experience a plus
· Experience with high-rise buildings a plus
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Bluebeam Review
· Electronic File Management
· Timberline/Sage (optional)
· Primavera or other scheduling software a plus
· Computer Modeling and CAD experience a plus
· California Building Codes, SMACNA, MCAA, ASHRAE, LEED, other equivalent standards
· Must possess strong communication skills
· Maintain a professional image
· Must be able to commute to different jobsites within the SoCal area.
Benefits include the following:
· Competitive salary (doe).
· Medical and dental benefits.
· 401k retirement plan.
· Life Insurance.
· Long Term Disability Insurance.
· FSA & AFLAC extra insurance.
· Paid holidays.
· Paid vacation.
· Paid sick time.
Control Air is one of the largest commercial air conditioning firms in California. Our three major divisions (Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, and Service) handle a wide range of projects and services, including: office & high rise, medical, labs & clean rooms, industrial, sports facilities, retail, educational facilities, hotel, public works, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, and many others. In addition, we have our own manufacturing facilities that manufacture and distribute union-made products to the HVAC industry throughout the Western United States.
Please refer to our website at