Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspects personal computer equipment and reads order sheet listing user requirements to prepare microcomputer for delivery.
• Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
• Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer.
• Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
• Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
• Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
• Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
• Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
• Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
• Evaluates, installs and troubleshoots other communication equipment and technologies, including PBX and other telecommunications products
• Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
• Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
• Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
• Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
• Participate in professional development classes; utilize employee education fund a end other opportunities for learning and continual improvement
• PC hardware experience (i.e. upgrading, troubleshooting).
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365, 2013 & 2016
• Proficiency in troubleshooting commonly-used networking hardware/software.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows in a networked environment.
• Familiarity with hubs, switches, NICs, and other Ethernet hardware. Peripheral troubleshooting experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
2 year college certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV