This position will be required to answer the help desk phones and create and assign trouble tickets in a centralized help desk environment. The Help Desk Clerk will also be required to provide basic support such as re-setting passwords and gathering related information.
- Provide first level phone support.
- Creating, assigning and escalating of trouble tickets.
- Network troubleshooting such as basic IP issues, network cards and configuration within Windows OS.
- Provide remote assistance and troubleshooting using LogMeIn and/or Remote Desktop.
- Troubleshooting of network printers and print servers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to stay current with changes in technology through independent research and discovery.
- Strong Windows OS familiarity including but not limited to Windows 10, 7, and XP.
- Strong knowledge of Internet transfer protocols (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, Telnet, etc.).
- AS400 and Microsoft Exchange experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Exel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Apple iOS devices.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and able to take direction.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Handling: Picks up items, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous computer parts and paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position. If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Extended periods of time looking at computer screens. Reads work tickets and parts books.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in an office environment. May also sit in equipment and vehicles.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment, but may also work in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.