Holt of California is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Service Supervisor to be responsible for supervising the operations of Earthmoving Service department while working with customers by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with foreperson on daily shop operations and work assignments.
- Communicate status of all work in process with customers.
- Responsible for controlling operating costs for Shop including chargeable time, policy, rework, and other shop expenses. o Responsible for maintaining less than fifty percent chargeable time in Shop
- Evaluate skills level of shop trainees and work with foreperson on shop jobs to meet skills level and trainee step process. o Responsible for evaluating all employees in Shop o Must work with ThinkBig students on apprentice rotations
- Interpret the following Company policies and procedures to employee: o Responsible to adhere to all Safety Policies & Procedures o Employment Policies & Procedures o Warranty & Rework Policies o Shop Policies & Procedures • Provide technical support as required.
- Work with Service Manager on: o Changes in working conditions o Increase efficiency by evaluating work practices o Safety goals and safety incentive programs o Plans on how to motivate employees o Strategy Planning for Shop ? Present Information as needed at monthly meetings o Budgeting process for Shop
- Work with foreperson to ensure quality inspection on all final work
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction in Shop
- Monitor work in process with foreperson to meet labor hours and parts estimates.
- Work with PSSR’s on estimates and quotes ensuring all parts and labor are accurate.
- Work with Service Manager on large repair estimates considering all available variables.
- Must assist TC with technical issues and/or problems while assisting with any manufacturer questions and/or issues.
Directly supervise 10 to 15 employees in the Service department. Supervisory will carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interview, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.