Holt of California is seeking a qualified Specialization Shop Mechanic to repair and overhaul new and used earthmoving equipment and/or company owned equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads job order and observes, listens, and diagnoses all types of CAT machines in operation to determine malfunction to plan work procedures.
- Performs general shop repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings, ignition systems, lights and instrument panels.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Reseals hydraulic cylinders, valves and pumps.
- Keeps records of service reports and work orders.
- Performs routine maintenance and inspection according to manufacturer’s guidelines. • Keeps records of services calls and work orders.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer complaints to determine most effective or efficient repair.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Safety (SB198), and shop procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.