Holt of California is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Mechanic that is responsible for repairs and overhauls of new and used earthmoving equipment and/or company owned equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job order and observes, listens, and diagnoses all types of Caterpillar machines.
- Perform general shop repairs on equipment.
- Keep records of service reports and work orders.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Overhauls and replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Repairs ignition systems, lights and instrument panels.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, and repairs leaks in radiator.
- Repairs and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors and windshield wipers.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Safety (SB198), and shop procedures.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.