Holt of California is seeking a qualified Equipment Mechanic that is responsible for repairs and overhauls of new and used equipment and/or company owned equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads job order and observes, listens, and diagnoses all types’ equipment to determine malfunction to plan work procedures and makes necessary repairs. Perform general shop repairs on equipment.
- Keep records of service reports and work orders.
- Diagnose and repair control systems and related circuits, changes or recharges batteries, repair and replace motors, pumps and valves, pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments according to all manufacturers and OSHA specifications.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
- Perform a final operation/safety check before returning machine back into service.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as overhauls and replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Repairs ignition systems, lights and instrument panels.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, and repairs leaks in radiator.
- Repairs and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors and windshield wipers.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Safety (SB198), and shop procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.
*Please note that we accept applications for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time.
Holt of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.