~~Why join Road Machinery? With our in-house training you will be able to expand your knowledge and skills in the Heavy Equipment field. We are looking for those certain individuals that will change the industry with us. Are you up for the challenge? If so, Road Machinery is seeking a shop service / Field technicians for construction and mining equipment rental/sales business now.
In exchange for your knowledge, superior work ethic, strong customer service skills and time working on equipment, Road Machinery will compensate you bi-weekly with industry leading pay and benefits!
Road Machinery is a family-oriented organization. Relocation assistance may be available.
Heavy construction equipment field mechanic position covering a customer base in the greater working area. Individual is required to perform service on Komatsu and other brands of heavy equipment. Requires ability to work independently in performing repairs and maintenance, including strong knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics, and electronics. Individual should have strong diagnostic and repair skills.
• Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of successful hands-on experience with KOMATSU and diesel engines, hydraulics, diagnostics, and be very experienced with the latest electronically controlled machines.
• MUST have Komatsu experience!
• Must be able to fully comprehend hydraulic and electrical schematics with a history of successful troubleshooting and technical experience.
• Must maintain daily service reports, equipment status reports, Competent in MS Excel / Word / Outlook (email) for technical questions with equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
We can train you on the software (Microsoft Office) but you MUST know how and be willing to fill out daily service reports! That is how we bill the customer and you earn your keep! :)
• Must be able to communicate professionally and in a service-oriented manner, both written and verbally, to: customers, vendors, manufacturers, etc. for technical questions and support.
• Successful candidate will be dispatched for repair of customer's on-site equipment as needed.
• Valid driver's license, clean DMV and background check are required for this position.
• Must be able to operate a laptop computer for service reports and time reporting.
• Basic tool set required for position; Company will provide some specialty tools/equipment.
• Must have ability to complete written service reports and report time worked.
• We offer highly competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance,
• 401K plan, FSA plan.
• We provide: Truck, large tools, phone, laptop and customers!
• You provide: Small basic tools, superior work ethic and great customer service. You will be kept busy, even if there is another bump in the economy! PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Heavy lifting will be encountered.
Walking, sitting, standing for long periods of time. Stretching, bending, and climbing in dirty and greasy conditions.
Will be working around loud noises.
Will be working in extreme weather conditions such as rain, heat, cold, snow, wind, etc..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition