CLP Knows Skilled Trades
HIRING: Heavy Equipment and Diesel Mechanic in Burbank, CA
Ready to put your skills to work? When you join CLP, you’ll work for large and small companies, national and local, that need skilled tradespeople. You have expertise and reliability. CLP has jobs.
CLP is currently hiring experienced Heavy Equipment and Diesel Mechanics for a waste management facility in the Burbank, California area.
Put your experience to work. Contact CLP today.
Heavy Equipment and Diesel Mechanic Job Description
• Perform diagnostic measures on all equipment and machines
• Diagnose, test, repair, and maintain processing equipment such as balers, conveyors, hoppers, and electric motors and controls
• Repair and replace damaged parts, equipment, or machines
• Perform regular maintenance and repairs on powertrains, drivetrains, electrical systems, steering and braking systems, and suspension for all trucks and equipment
• Take apart and rebuild diesel engines as necessary
• Clean heavy equipment as scheduled/required
• Assist with overall maintenance of shop and company facilities
• Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
• Perform basic fabrication work using welding equipment, torches, tools and/or machinery.
• Order and maintain shop parts, tools, equipment and supplies
• High School diploma or GED preferred
• Technical/Mechanical trade school certification
• Four years of progressively responsible mechanical experience as a journeyman mechanic, or equivalent
• Working knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, electronics, and DOT regulations
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
• Verifiable References
• Committed to safety at all times
• Reliable attendance and transportation