- CA |
- Jobs |
- Handy Man / Maintenance
Handy Man / Maintenance
Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers’ success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve.When you join Celestica, it’s more than just a job. It’s about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do every day. It’s about joining one of the world’s largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Tasks are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Decisions/actions may cause a minor impact on the work unit operations or schedules. Works under general Supervision. Situations not covered by standard processes, procedures and methods are referred to expert resource. May demonstrate work methods to new employees. Deals directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform general building and site repairs, including replacing lost keys, changing lightbulbs, learning and monitoring equipment and system, and troubleshooting other building systems as needed
- Make minor electrical repairs such as changing out light fixtures and ballasts, monitor janitorial, landscaping, garbage and recycling vendors to ensure that their work is performed according to their contracts
- Arrange equipment in various rooms
- Maintain supplies inventory
- Help maintain inventory of and equipment
- Assist the Production Manager in developing preventive maintenance plans, selecting vendors, and implementing building maintenance, repair, and renovation projects
- Duties of the position are performed in a manufacturing environment with frequentexposure to noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes,hazardous substances, etc.
- Duties require ongoing light physical effort and exertion including prolonged repetitivemotions, sitting in confined workspaces, using tools and equipment, and moving andhandling materials.
- Duties of the position may require periodic heavy manual effort and exertion includingclimbing, lifting, pulling and moving objects over 20 pounds.
Typical ExperienceZero to two years’ relevant experience
Typical EducationHigh School or equivalent (basic numeracy and literacy).Educational Requirements may vary by geography