Saladino’s, California's largest independent foodservice distributor, is seeking motivated General Warehouse Associate for our Ontario Distribution Center and Warehouse. The General Warehouse Associate is responsible to unload product from trailers, manually or with a powered industrial truck, and stage product for receiving. This job is considered SAFETY SENSITIVE.
This is a Part-time position. Monday through Friday; start times will vary between 4:00 am and 12:30 pm.
- Unloads trailers and stages pallets for breakdown.
- Breaks down cases from full pallets and hand stacks cases onto empty pallets.
- Unloads and hand stacks container or floor loads onto pallets.
- Assists Replenishers by using pallet jack to move pallets of product from receiving/shipping dock to assigned aisle, ready for replenishing.
- Assists Replenishers by facing pallets (straightening, leveling, etc).
- Assists warehouse team in maintaining a clean, organized warehouse. Tasks include removing string, plastic wrap, cardboard, trash, etc. from slot locations; removing all items from floor; leveling product in slots; identifying damaged product and relocating to “damaged product” pallet.
- Operates a powered industrial truck (pallet jack).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple English instructions, short correspondence and memos; ability to write simple notes in English
- Basic mathematical skill (addition, subtraction, measurements)
- Ability to listen and communicate, follow instruction, pay attention to detail, follow through, and be self-motivated
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required