Management oversight of activities involved with the procurement, inventory control, repair, preventative maintenance, maintain vehicle history and vehicle expense data base, and legal carrier procedures to include all necessary inspections required by law and assure that all vehicles are operating with appropriate DMV documentation for the Quinn Co corporate operations & vehicles/trailers by performing the following duties personally or through employees. This position will include supervising a fleet Vehicle Manager and a Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage any preexisting contracts.
• Provide program training to employees.
o Driver Qualification files
o Vehicle Maintenance file requirements
o Daily Vehicle Inspection reports
Frequency & Content
o BIT Inspection Compliance & Frequency
o Quinn Hours of Service Policy
o Log Book Requirements
o Short Haul Exemption Requirements
o Driver License Requirements
• Act as company point of contact for vehicle transfers, acquisitions and disposals.
o To include driving consistency between branches on specifications and mix of fleet
o Establish strategic purchasing arrangements that allow us to have inventory on hand at select dealers
• Maintain database information (i.e. GL coding, drivers list, responsible managers etc.)
• Manage registration processing. Confirm with managers/investigate delinquent renewals
• Manage DOT Random Drug Screening program
• Coordinate Quinn representation at required DMV appointments.
• Maintain vehicle title records.
• Renew California Motor Carrier permits.
• Prepares reports to Management regarding fleet size, cost, vehicle retirement etc. as appropriate. Work in conjunction with the Fleet Emissions manager to determine which vehicles do not meet emissions and together form a plan for compliance.
• Develops metrics to improve fleet management.
o Make recommendations regarding additions/reductions in vehicle fleet to ensure that fleet size is appropriate for business activity levels.
o Maintenance & Repair Agreements
o Tire Purchasing Agreements
• Works in conjunction with the General Managers, Regional Managers and Product Support Managers to properly maintain and control vehicle maintenance costs.
• Works closely with Managers to ensure proper equipment maintenance standards are upheld.
• Works closely with Managers to ensure overall fleet compliance
• Determines method of procurement such as purchase, lease or bid.
• Confers with vendors to obtain pricing, availability and delivery schedule
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations.
• Reviews requisitions, creates / maintains standard vehicle and service body fleet spec books
• Maintains associated procurement records and documentation.
• Assists in establishing yearly budgets and equipment forecasts.
• Maintains positive, professional, and productive relationships within the business unit and other Quinn Group businesses.
• Establish a reporting process and data base which tracks condition and mileage of all Quinn owned operational vehicles. Assure that all safety inspections are current.
• Establish a reporting process which tracks vehicle expense monthly and distribute the report. Make recommendations on where costs can be reduced
• Review for approval and make recommendations of any major vehicle repairs that are over a determined dollar amount such as engine replacement or repair, transmission repair or body damage, etc.
• Work with the Safety and Risk manager gathering any vehicle accident documentation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) preferred; or three to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV