Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, crating our own opportunities. WFSP accomplishes this by constantly innovating tho find ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Discretionary Bonus or Structured Incentive Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
Fire Alarm/ Fire Sprinkler Inspector
The Fire Alarm / Fire Sprinkler Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire alarm/ sprinkler systems and preventive maintenance with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications.
- Perform routine inspections, testing, installing, services and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, system inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Perform: weekly, quarterly, annual, 5 year inspections of automatic sprinklers, alarm & detection, special hazard systems and fire pumps.
- NICET Level I or II preferred
- California Fire Life Safety Certificate within the last 6 months.
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes 72 and 25.
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor