The ideal candidate would possess:
· Strong mechanical aptitude with hands-on experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic components or systems.
· Experience traveling to visit customers and helping them with their projects.· Great organizational and communication skills.
· Team player mentality, adaptable and willing to wear different hats, and with a positive attitude focused on helping customer solve their problems.
· Professional appearance and Easy-going temperament.
· Passion for the hydraulics industry and an eagerness to grow professional knowledge and ability.
· Clean driving record with a consistent/reliable work history.
· Currently live in the territory (within 1 hour drive of Emeryville)
· Confidence within yourself to try new things and the mindset that you will do what is necessary to succeed.
· Ability to travel overnight a maximum of 5 days per year.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a technical / mechanical background, but has the interest to try outside. Prior sales experience is not required. I will do everything in my power to provide you financial stability and the opportunity to succeed, including providing you with an established customer base/territory, factory and local training, personal support and teaching by example by going in customer calls with you, and others on our veteran team. Our goals are to continue growing our service/repair business, get faster at quoting system projects (hydraulic power units), and to provide outstanding field support to our customers. We are a small, productive, and profitable team that works closely and quickly together to be as productive as possible, to respond to customers and win business. There is a lot of flexibility in terms of how you set your schedule, especially considering that Emeryville is a very difficult commute in the morning and evenings. The focus is on productivity: visiting customers quickly when they call for our help (same day), and providing them quick and effective technical and commercial follow up (within 48 hours) in order to win their confidence and business. Our industry and organization is experiencing a high rate of retirement (average employee age is 50+), so there is tremendous opportunity to advance in the organization and continually grow your compensation. You will also be immediately valued as an invaluable part of our organization now and for our future. We provide a compensation package that will allow you to support your family and the flexibility to balance work and personal life. Hydraulic Controls has 11 branches in Western US (primarily CA coast) and provides hydraulic parts, full service repair, design & build of hydraulic power units and pneumatic systems, and field support (system troubleshooting / start-up / service). We are an employee-owned company (stock-sharing) with full range of employee and family benefits (stock sharing / medical / disability / 401K).