Holt of California is seeking a qualified Field Service Mechanic A to repair and maintain rental equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs light maintenance on equipment.
- Greets and assists customers in yard area.
- Answer phones and answers questions.
- Clean equipment, handle field service calls, disassembles unit and inspects parts, repairs or replace, overhaul or rebuild parts.
- Handle field service calls as dispatched.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Overhauls and replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, and repairs leaks in radiator.
- Write service reports
- Orders parts
- Requires working knowledge of ignition system, lights and instrument panels.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or GED and five years of mechanic equipment experience.