Quinn Power Systems, a distributor of Caterpillar generators, paralleling switchgear, ATS, and UPS products, is looking for an Electrical Field Engineer in the Greater Los Angeles area. This person will develop and execute standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying. Read breaker trip curves and develop primary and secondary breaker testing procedures. Performs upgrades, reconditioning, and retrofits, for low/ medium voltage power distribution products and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform micro-processor based and electro-mechanical protective relay testing of various manufactures to include Schweitzer, GE Multilin, Beckwith and Basler.
• Perform all aspects of commissioning, testing, and maintenance of medium and low voltage distribution to include testing and calibration based on coordination study setpoints.
• Perform functional testing of power generation switch gear control circuits on protective relay, transformers, circuit breakers, and power meters.
• Perform emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products.
• Read and interpret control prints, wiring diagrams and relaying schematics.
• Ability to use electrical measurement equipment including; multimeters, meggers, DLRO's (Ductors), primary and secondary breaker test sets, relay test sets, TTR's (Transformer turns ratio), power factor test sets, hi-pot and various other electrical test equipment.
• Demonstrate the ability to implement and interpret power quality recording instrumentation and infrared thermography scanners.
• Write technically detailed reports, in a timely manner, which provide highly technical resolutions to complex customer problems.
• This position is Los Angeles and Orange County Based.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities according to safety guidelines and policies.
• Demonstrate safe work practices and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Highly Desirable Skills and Qualifications
• NETA and/or NICET certification
• Partial Discharge Testing
• Coordination Studies (SKM PTW or ETAP Software Proficiency)
• End-To-End testing
• IR Thermography Certification
• Industrial Automation and PLC programming (Schneider, Allen Bradley, and GE Etc.)
• Ethernet and Serial Communication protocols. (Modbus/ RTU, Modbus/ TCP-IP, Can J1939, Lonworks, BACNET, RS-232/422/485)
• Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) Testing, Programming, Commissioning