WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Field Chemist to join our growing team!
To be operationally focused with an emphasis on tracking, sampling, packaging, manifesting, and scheduling hazardous waste projects on time and within budget while maintaining accurate project records. To be able to work and be on-call as needed for NRC 24-hours, 7 days per week on emergency response, land service and maritime contracts or projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure health and safety compliance on all assigned projects.
- Manage all potential risks and liabilities of a project through complete understanding of the contract documents in order to maintain and protect NRC Environmental Services best interest.
- Maintain accurate records of all jobs and events to achieve full reimbursement of funds from client by turning in daily work reports in a timely manner (daily), managing subcontractors used on jobs, providing assistance as needed to complete timely invoicing.
- Manage all phases of hazardous waste disposal of hazardous waste generated on assigned projects including hazard categorization, manifesting, disposal, and reporting.
- Complete chemical identification, segregation, packing, profiling, and transporter arrangement of all hazardous waste for internal and external clientele.
- Track waste, schedule disposal with dispatch and be responsible for the 10-day activities to assure compliance.
- Build relationships with key members of various regulatory agencies and participate in meetings and symposiums whenever possible.
- Correct completion of all NRC paperwork and project documentation including accurate recording of time worked, Daily work reports, Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms, Hazardous Waste Manifest, Profiles, Bill of Lading, and Notes/Incident Action Logbook.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards/requirements along with accurate completion of Health & Safety documents including proper accident/injury reporting.
- May be required to operate various equipment, drive NRC vehicles and water craft.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Four year college degree (science major preferred) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Qualified candidate will generally have at least 2+ years of experience in the environmental hazardous waste industry.
- Experience should include managing and developing professional proposals for engineering, construction or remedial projects.
- Possesses current industry required certificates.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of management and subordinates in order to effectively accomplish general goals of the Operations program.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required including negotiation, persuasive, leadership and supervision skills, and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work and be on-call as needed on a rotating schedule 24-hour, 7 days per week.
- Must maintain a MVR that meets company standards.
- Must be able to travel and work extended hours including evenings and weekends, working in often undesirable conditions, in inclement weather while be exposed to dust, fumes, dirt, heat, cold, noise, vibrations.
- Add hazardous material endorsement to commercial driver’s license, to be able to transport hazardous waste from jobsite to facility within 6 months of employment.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities